Pathways to aviation - A guide to careers in aviation https://pathwaystoaviation.org/
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)/STEM K-12 Outreach
What is Aerospace Engineering? Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering focused on the design, construction, and testing of aircraft and spacecraft. It is broken into two major overlapping disciplines: aeronautical engineering (for vehicles that stay within Earth's atmosphere) and astronautical engineering (for vehicles that travel beyond Earth's atmosphere). Aerospace engineering applies the fascinating science behind the forces of nature and the physical properties of aircraft, rockets, and spacecraft. Check out these STEM K-12 resources.
Hyping Engineering Careers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y_Yo6sPpjY&feature=youtu.be
Engineering Career Exploration https://www.teachengineering.org/
Airport Tycoon - Manage employees, restaurants, maintenance and more. https://sites.google.com/site/trendunblockedgames/airport-tycoon
- What did you like about the career?
- What did you not like about the career?
- Is this a career you had ever considered? Why or why not?
- What did you learn about managing the airport? Why do you think the game included the categories it did?
- What did you learn about investing in the future?
Airport Madness 6 - Manage take-off, landing and taxiing aircraft https://poki.com/en/g/airport-madness-6
- I would start with "Go easy on me" If you choose to " increase the pace" it will quickly increase the pace pretty quickly. I would not zoom in. The little green dots on the insert in the bottom right corner are incoming flights that are not yet on the screen.
- What did you learn about organization?
- What did you learn about situational awareness?
- What did you learn about the pace of the job?
- What did you like about the job?
- What did you dislike about the job?
- Is this a career you have ever considered? Why or Why not