Northeast Region is currently seeking a Director of Cyber Programs
Function: The Director of Cyber Programs (DCyP) is responsible for facilitating, coordinating, and monitoring cyber programs, cybersecurity training and cyber competition participation within the region. This officer is also responsible for working with National Headquarters (NHQ) Cyber Programs Staff to assist in the development and implementation of cyber program initiatives throughout CAP.
- Support NHQ Cyber Programs Staff in the development and implementation of cyber program initiatives.
- Facilitate and monitor implementation of CAP Cyber Programs within the Region.
- Support the development and implementation of wing level cyber programs and activities through Wing Cyber Programs Officers, Aerospace Officers and Cadet Program Officers.
- In conjunction with Wing Cyber Program Officers, coordinate with CyberPatriot teams, coaches, and mentors within the Region to foster successful participation in the CyberPatriot competition.
- Assemble, maintain, and provide access to CAP cyber programs, training and CyberPatriot resources and materials throughout the region.
- Build and maintain rosters of CAP members with Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations training, certifications and experience.
- Assist Wings that lack an assigned Cyber Programs Officer.
- Develop an annual Region Cyber Programs Plan of Action and Annual Report.
- Identify solutions and responses to existing or emerging challenges and potential opportunities in the area of CAP Cyber Programs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Region Commander and NHQ Cyber Programs Staff.
Desired requirements for position:.
- Level III in the Professional Development Program.
- Senior rating or higher in the Cadet Programs specialty track.
- Senior rating or higher in one of the following specialty tracks: Operations, Information Technology, Aerospace Education, Administration.
This position reports to the Northeast Region Chief of Staff