Northeast Region Headquarters currently has the following open volunteer positions. Please contact the person listed in each of the job requisitions below.
Check back often for the latest job postings.
POSITION: Director of Emergency Services
REPORTS TO: NER Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
DESCRIPTION: Manages and oversees emergency services within the NER. The NER/DOS shall:
- Keep the NER DCS/Operations informed of emergency services (ES) developments and projects within the NER.
- Candidate should be an experienced Civil Air Patrol Incident Commander
- Assist Wings in determining training needs and assist in getting Wings the resources they need to fulfill their mission requirements
- Develop and evaluate region level response plans
- Develop and maintain a list of FEMA Liaison Officers that actively work with FEMA regions to ensure a seamless response following an incident.
- Maintain an alerting system for assembling HQ NER ES personnel in a timely manner.
- Monitor Search and Rescue (SAR) and Disaster Relief (DR) activities throughout the region.
- Periodically visit wing ES Training Exercises and report findings.
- Supervise activities of subordinates assigned to the ES Section.
- Provide input to the annual training plan.
- Prepare input to the annual department budget.
- Provide a monthly report on activities within the ES Section.
- Accomplish other tasks as assigned.
POSITION: Director of Emergency Services Academy
REPORTS TO: NER Director of Emergency Services
DESCRIPTION: Plan and Execute an Emergency Services Academy that fulfills the needs of Emergency Services training needs of Wings within the NER. Additional tasks include:
- Coordinate with Region and Wing Emergency Services and Operations Officers to determine the training requirements of the Wing.
- Determine school staffing needs
- Recruit and train school staff according to needs
- Determine school facilities requirements and optimal location
- Develop school schedule and budget
- Coordinate with NER DCS/OPS and NER/DOS to acquire required equipment for the school
- Manage school during the event
||Director of Information Technology
||NER Chief of Staff
Position responsible for:
- Coordinates IT for the NER
- Assist NER IT Wing officers
- Oversees computer network utilized by NER
Applicant must hold a minimum grade of Captain.
Must hold a Senior Rating in the IT Speciality Track.
Must have knowledge of CAP computer systems and procedures.
|SEND RESUME TO: