Honor Guard Academy
The mission of the Cadet Honor Academy program is to prepare cadets to serve on color guards and honor guards while simultaneously furthering their individual character development.
By training cadets on the finer points of Air Force-style drill and ceremonies, the Cadet Honor Academy imparts timeless values of patriotism, community service, and personal honor.
The Cadet Honor Academy curriculum is designed such that cadet graduates will possess:
- Knowledge of the US flag’s history, and an awareness of critical perspectives about the flag’s role in our society
- A working knowledge the US Flag Code
- An appreciation for the traditions of excellence that have made world-class military drill units famous
- An appreciation for citizens’ free speech rights in regard to the flag, and an understanding of some basic Constitutional principles in the landmark case Texas v. Johnson
- The skills necessary for performing drill and ceremonies with precision, over and above mere proficiency in basic drill
- Practical guidance that enable them to exceed CAP standards in the wear of the uniform
- Proficiency in color guard and honor guard procedures, especially for those ceremonies that a typical cadet unit will have an opportunity to perform
- Practical guidance on how to establish squadron color guard and honor guard programs, and an understanding of some opportunities cadets have to provide services in their hometown
- A patriotic appreciation for the experiences of prisoners of war and the missing in action, especially the 4th Allied POW Wing’s determination to “Return With Honor.”
- A working knowledge of the social norms expected of honorable young adults in formal social settings
Eligibility & Target Audience: All cadet in the grade of C/Amn or higher are eligible to participate. Competency in basic drill is a must (ie: facings, flanks, columns, etc.)
HGA Schedule-South Registration
Northeast Region Honor Guard Academy (HGA) Summer 2017
The Honor Guard Academy is designed to build experts in drill and ceremonies, increase interest in the CAP Honor Guard program, and build instructors to teach and establish Honor Guard Programs at their home squadrons
Open enrollment https://cts.pawg.cap.gov
Download bulletin board flyer.
Location and Dates: To be annouced
Requirement: C/SrA or above, completed Basic Encampment