Public Affairs Mission
The mission of the Civil Air Patrol Public Affairs (PA) program is to inform internal and external audiences of Civil Air Patrol’s national importance, safeguard the image and assets of the corporation, and strengthen relations with key audiences and customers, which enables the organization to grow.
Public Affairs Officer Objectives
- Increase public awareness of CAP, its local, state, and national missions and its contributions to the nation.
- Develop and conduct a comprehensive internal and external public relations plan.
- Promote cooperation between CAP and other aviation organizations, the military, business, industry, and civic groups.
About Civil Air Patrol
Northeast Region PAO Brief
Tools for Public Affairs Officers
Northeast Region 2015 Public Affairs Plan 2 Jun 2015
Northeast Region 2015 Crisis Communication Plan 2 Jun 2015
Hurricane Season - Public Affairs Response
- 2015 Hurricane Plan
- PA Guidance/2015 Hurricane Support Operations
- Hurricane Initial Release Template 2015
Public Affairs Professional Development
CAP Public Information Officer Specialty Qualification Training Worksheet
(Select > Functional Area: OPS - Emergency Services, Achievement: PIO – Public Information Officer)
CAP Senior Professional Development Overview
Recent Public Affairs Presentations
How to Write a Press Release
Lt Col Steven Solomon, CAP NHQ Public Affairs Manager - May 2015
Julie DeBardelaben, CAP NHQ Deputy Director of Public Affairs - May 2015