The K2300 Intermediate Emergency Operations Center Functions is a three-day course withthe goal of assisting individuals and jurisdictions who desire to develop or improve their Emergency Operation Centers (EOC). By the end of the course, students will be able todemonstrate, through activities and a Final Exam, the managerial and operational roles of themodern-day EOC as a NIMS Command and Coordination functional group operating within aMultiagency Coordination System (MACS). The learner must achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on final knowledge assessments ordemonstrate mastery on performance assessments or research assignments to earn the IACETCEU.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the EOC’s critical link to the other NIMS Command and Coordination Structures.
- Identify EOC staffing solutions by aligning EOC Skillsets to common EOC structures.
- Explain the planning, operational and resourcing functions of the EOC.
- Using a scenario, identify the essential elements of information (EEI) that support EOC decisionmaking and information sharing.
- Using a scenario identify changes in EOC activation level, staffing, resources and informationrequirements for an expanding incident.
- Identify the role of an EOC during the transition to recovery.
- Explain the location, design, equipment and technology considerations for the EOC
IS-0100, An Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100
IS-2200, Basic Emergency Operations Center Functions
IS-0700, An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
IS-0800,National Response Framework, An Introduction
E/L/G 0191, Emergency Operations Center/Incident Command System Interface
IS-0200, Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response, ICS 200
K2300: Intermediate Emergency Operations Center Functions
K2300 Intermediate Emergency Operations Center Functions
Dates: Friday, 30 Jul 2021 at 1600-2200, Saturday, 31 Jul 0800-1700, and Sunday,1 Aug 0800-1700
Registration Ends: 16 Jul 2021 @ 2355
Course Description: This three-day course is designed to increase the effectiveness of CAP members assigned to DoD, local, state, regional or national operations centers as CAP Agency Representative (AREP). Upon completion students will be able to demonstrate, the managerial and operational roles of the modern-day EOC
For more details and prerequisites: Course Description
|Event Date||30-Jul-2021 1600|
|Event End Date||01-Aug-2021 1700|
|Cut off date||16-Jul-2021 2355|
|Location||Virtual (work online)|