NORTHEAST REGION DISCORD SERVER
Community, Learning, and Innovation
NOTE: Joining the server implies that you have made sure to get parental consent!
- Overview and Mission Statement
- Server Rules
- How to Join
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Server Team Opportunities
- Report a Problem
OVERVIEW AND MISSION STATEMENT
This Discord serves to provide Northeast Region cadets from all phases, as well as senior members from all levels, a platform to socialize and learn from each other, whilst encouraging inter-wing communication and boosting overall relations in the region.
Welcome to the Northeast Region’s official Discord server! This server is a space for cadets and senior members of the Region to socialize and learn from each other virtually, from general chats about non-CAP subjects to conversations about CAP activities and opportunities.
To join the server, your home unit must be within the Northeast Region. For cadets, the minimum age and grade required to join is 13 years old, C/Amn. For more information, please see Server Rules.
For the link to join the server, please see How to Join. Note, that you will need to have an updated email on your eServices record in order to complete the server verification process.
The server has opportunities for both Cadet and Senior Member server team membership. Members of the server team are given responsibilities for moderating the server, helping members with any issues related to the server, and planning server-wide events. This is a unique opportunity to gain team and leadership experience within CAP! See Server Team Opportunities for more information.
1 — Who can access this server
No potential server member shall be excluded from participation in or subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability. In compliance with Discord's Terms of Service, server members must be at least 13 years of age. All potential server members must pass an eServices CAP membership check. Cadet members must have achieved the grade of C/Amn. Members found to be under the age of 13 or who let their CAP memberships lapse will be removed.
2 — Cadet Protection (CPP)
Server policy does not permit the initiation of DMs between members of this server due to CPP concerns. All concerns about cadet protection should be brought to senior administrators through the CPP reporting system.
3 — Operational Security (OPSEC)
Refrain from sharing your own personal information, or the personal information of others. Do not disclose CAP mission information.
4 — Behaviour
■ Respect. All CAP members should strive to embody the core values in their everyday actions. In adhering to the core value of respect, be respectful and inclusive in all chats and discussions on this server.
■ Integrity. In adhering to the core value of integrity, do not lie to or mislead others regarding your CAP grade, achievements, or experiences.
■ Bullying/hate speech. Will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.
■ No discrimination. Discrimination against other server members on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability will not be tolerated.
5 — Content
■ In general. Appropriateness is subject to server staff discretion and is based on appropriateness for CAP activities. Staff will remove any content deemed inappropriate.
■ Language. Refrain from using profane, vulgar, or generally inappropriate language.
■ Account content. Accounts with inappropriate profile pictures, Discord usernames, or custom statuses, will be placed on server probation.
■ No spamming. Spamming is sending similar messages in rapid succession that is disruptive and includes emoji spam, link spam, and image spam.
6 — Discussion Topics
■ Refrain from discussing controversial topics, including political and religious subjects.
■ Refrain from discussing self-harm or deeply negative experiences. Per the server rules, Server Staff may need to follow mandatory reporting procedures to CAP Senior Members.
7 — Discord Terms of Service
Violation of Discord Terms of Service rules may result in a ban. This includes, but is not limited to, distributing malicious, pirated, or illegal content, websites or software, not meeting the age requirement of 13, DDoS / Dox threats, and more.
8 — Discord Account
Keep your discord username, profile picture, and status appropriate at all times.
Note: These rules are not meant to be exhaustive. Server Staff reserve the right to handle situations on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible to join the server, you must be:
- A current CAP member within the Northeast Region
- At least 13 years old
- For cadets, hold a minimum grade of C/Amn
All perspective server members must go through the new member verification process, which ensures that they meet all of the basic eligibility requirements to join the server. Please see below for a helpful guide on the verification process.
1. Direct Message (DM) our @CAP NER Discord bot the word "verify" (without quotes)
2. Follow the bot's instructions
3. Once you are verified, remember to go to ⚪┃cadet-roles-⛔ or ⚪┃sm-roles and then to ⚪┃wing-roles-⛔ to pick up your roles to help us see server statistics The above steps complete the verification process and you will receive the @✅ Verified role!
If you're on a computer, see below:
1. Right-click on the @CAP NER Discord bot and click "Message" from the menu. This will bring you to a Direct Message (DM) chat with the bot.
2. Type in the word 'verify' and hit enter or return on your keyboard.
3. Provide the information that the bot requests, hitting the enter or return key to send the message each time
4. The bot will provide you with instructions from here
5. If you need to delete a message, hover over it, and on the right side there will be three dots... clicking those dots opens up an action menu where you can select "delete message". You can also hold shift while hovering your mouse over the message, and a red trash can button will appear in the right corner. 5. Once you have done what the bot asks, you will become @⚠️ Pre-Verified, don't worry, this is normal! This final step requires action on our end, checking your profile picture, username, status, and about me section so that it is appropriate for the server. Please be patient!
6. Welcome to the server! Feel free to explore!
NOTE: if you ever are stuck in the DMs with the bot, just click on the Northeast Region patch on the left-hand side of your screen
1. Click on the button in the top right corner and you should see a list of all the bots
2. Click on the @CAP NER Discord bot and a popup will show
3. On this popup, click "Message", and you will be brought to DM the bot
4. Type in the word 'verify' and send the message
5. Provide the information that the bot requests
6. The bot will provide you with instructions from here -- if you need to delete a message, hold it down and click the button that says "delete message"
7. Once you have done what the bot asks, you might end up where you only are @⚠️ Pre-Verified -- don't worry if this happens -- it means we just have to finish the manual part of the process, so please be patient 8. Welcome to the server! Feel free to explore!
NOTE: if you ever are stuck in the DMs with the bot, click on the three lines in the top left corner, and click on the Northeast Region patch
Can I join this server if I am not a member, or I was previously a member of the Civil Air Patrol?
No, this server is only available to current members of CAP. To learn more about the Civil Air Patrol, head to ?-history or ?-why-join. Exceptions are made for those acting in an official capacity, see below.
Every week we conduct a re-verification of all server members' CAP memberships. If you are no longer listed as a CAP member of NER, you will be removed from the server.
No, under most circumstances, only CAP members from NER are eligible to join this server. Exceptions are made for those acting in an official capacity, see below.
Discord is a third-party site, therefore Operational Security (OPSEC) is a concern. OPSEC training is not guaranteed until a cadet member has achieved the grade of C/Amn.
Interested in taking on moderation responsibilities on the server? Cadets and Senior Members are able to apply to become members of the Discord Server Team. More information on position descriptions and minimum requirements can be found below under resources: Server Team Roles and Responsibilities.
All positions require an application. We accept applications on an as-needed basis. If positions are open, more information will be listed below.
Server Team Information PDFs:
Server Team Roles and Responsibilities
Server Team Hierarchy
The NER Discord server manual is the document that lays out our server's standard operating procedures and server team training documentation and standards. The manual also contains links to various appendixes that also contain valuable information about the server and its operations. This manual is routinely updated as needed by the NER server Exec team.
Northeast Region Discord Server Manual
We also provide a guidance document for other CAP members looking to use Discord.
Northeast Region Discord Server Guidance