Region Command NCO
The Northeast Region (NER) is seeking Senior Member applicants who wish to apply for the position of Region Command NCO. The Region Command NCO is the senior NCO Corp leader in the Northeast Region. The Command NCO is responsible for advising the Region Commander and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, training, and utilization of the command’s NCO members and takes action to address shortfalls or challenges. The Command NCO will:
- Participate in the decision making process, as appropriate, on technical, operational, and organizational issues.
- Advise the Region Commander for dress and personal appearance items affecting CAP members and specifically NCOs.
- Serve as a representative of the Region Commander when requested.
- Participates on the CAP NCO Corps Committee.
- Chairs the NCO Promotions Review Board
- May serve on select Region committees as assigned.
- Encourage recognition of deserving CAP NCO members during annual functions.
- Encourage NCO mentorship of cadets and junior officer CAP members.
- Encourage the recruitment of enlisted service members currently serving or retired from military service for CAP membership.
- Mentor, advise and guide, the various Wing Command NCOs across the Region.
CAP NCOs are the professional trainers, technicians, managers, planners, superintendents, and leaders that push to successfully complete the missions assigned.
- Currently hold the grade of Senior Master Sergeant or above or be eligible for such grade based on military NCO service as long as they have served in a CAP Senior Member position for more than 5 years.
- The ability to travel to various functions throughout the Region as directed/needed.
- Be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws; CAPR 35-5.
- Prior Wing Command NCO experience is desired.