Northeast Region is currently seeking a Region Diversity Officer.
The Region Diversity Officer is the subject matter expert for diversity and inclusion excellence in their respective region. The Region Diversity Officer advises the Region Commander and staff on the impact of diversity on mission effectiveness and recruiting/retention, organizational progress, and actions to promote diversity. The Region Diversity Officer will:
- Provide strategic planning and oversight for institutional diversity and inclusion in all areas, including but not limited to programs, personnel, and resources.
- Monitor diversity statistics and analyze the data for trends.
- Advise the Region Commander on ways to improve the climate within their region.
- Assist in developing Wing diversity programs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to leverage effective practices to diversify membership, leadership, and staff teams.
- Serve as a resource 4 ICL 19-02 22 FEBRUARY 2019 to identify and implement best practices, programs, and processes across the region. Work with other members of the Region Staff team to provide strategic communications and public outreach, and to guide recruiting and retention efforts to promote a diverse membership.
- Assist with developing partnerships within the region with organizations that share similar missions and attract membership from historically underrepresented populations.
- Support the Region Staff on developing and updating publications (supplements, operating instructions, pamphlets, brochures, websites, etc.) to encourage diversity, reflect the diverse population, and remove barriers to participation.
This position reports to the Region Chief of Staff