POSITION: Director of Emergency Services
REPORTS TO: NER Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
DESCRIPTION: Manages and oversees emergency services within the NER. The NER/DOS shall:
- Keep the NER DCS/Operations informed of emergency services (ES) developments and projects within the NER.
- Candidate should be an experienced Civil Air Patrol Incident Commander
- Assist Wings in determining training needs and assist in getting Wings the resources they need to fulfill their mission requirements
- Develop and evaluate region level response plans
- Develop and maintain a list of FEMA Liaison Officers that actively work with FEMA regions to ensure a seamless response following an incident.
- Maintain an alerting system for assembling HQ NER ES personnel in a timely manner.
- Monitor Search and Rescue (SAR) and Disaster Relief (DR) activities throughout the region.
- Periodically visit wing ES Training Exercises and report findings.
- Supervise activities of subordinates assigned to the ES Section.
- Provide input to the annual training plan.
- Prepare input to the annual department budget.
- Provide a monthly report on activities within the ES Section.
- Accomplish other tasks as assigned.